SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#142055 - 03/06/07 08:56 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Hellboy,

if you're stuff is in MS word, that's fine, when you get a Musicpad pro, it comes with a print driver, so you open your file and print to that driver, which converts it to a file for the MPP.

Just like converting something into a ADOBE format.

I keep mine plugged in during the gig, if I need to bring to the table for break and change some playlist, I run it on the battery power, but I would rather be safe with the plug then sorry, BTW you already have your board pluged in , what;s one more plug, you won';t need a light

It really is an amazing product, plus with the price drop. it's getting easier to make the plunge

#142056 - 03/08/07 02:57 PM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Yeah Frankie I did read in a related link about the relatively easy conversion process, so I must admit it's not as complicated as i first thought.

(Though I will say I'm VERY used to working in MS Word and any conversion is still a time consuming process - but still, point taken).

An Electronic picture frame as mentioned above seems more doable...

How much are they???

------------------
God I hate signatures.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#142057 - 03/09/07 08:48 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
Great to see you back here
at the SZ Bar & Grill Scott!
Tom

#142058 - 03/09/07 09:21 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
For PDF files

A handy program for reading, editing & creating PDF files is Publisher Pro Art Explosion. It's sold by Nova development for around $90.00 It can be found in Staple's and on the net.

More Importantly this is a great publishing program for flyers and advertisements

Jerry

#142059 - 03/10/07 01:18 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
danb

I would be interested to hear more about what kind of digital picture frame you are using, brand, size etc. Also wondering how you could get from one song to the other, turn pages etc.

I think the MusicPad Pro is probably still the best solution. I know Frank has some good prices on them also.

#142060 - 03/11/07 02:12 PM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am thinking of getting one, talked to someone who is using one the other day and was impressed. Always was interested-not at $1200-$900 looked more appealing, but still expensive. I'm looking at the ver 3.1 for $399. It seems its upgradeable to ver 4. Does anyone know what this costs? Will I be dissappointed not getting ver 4? I do lots of gigs where I need to pull up random charts vs a set list-will this make a difference version wise?

#142061 - 03/11/07 02:56 PM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
frankieve Offline

Version 3 MMP and Version MPP 4 are different hardware and software.

Version 4 has a higher resolution, less bugs, and quicker processing.

Version 3 file can not work with version 4

On the Freehand forums there is a list of upgraded features betweeen the 2.

I have version 4 that I personally use and it works flawlessly

email me with any questions

#142062 - 03/12/07 05:41 PM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
The bugs with v4.0.6 of the Music Pad Pro are well documented on Freehand's own forums. With the software that installs on your computer (I use Win XP), sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. About half of the time that I do scans it just sits there and doesn't respond at all. I can make it crash easily when editing MPP files. Freehand acknowledged the bugs/problems a year ago and to date has done zip about it.

Also, the latest and probably the final word from Freehand is that they have officially given up on trying to correct the audio problems with v4 MPP's. This is a quote taken from their forums:

"The clicks and pops that you hear when you start a playback with XMMS are due to a hardware problem. In order to get the hardware into an operational state the software driver has to do a hard reset until the initialization works correctly. This initialization problem appears to have something to do with noise in the circuit as some systems tend to do better at this than others. There is, unfortunately, no way to mute the chip during the hard reset."

I consider the Music Pad Pro the most poorly supported product in the MI market today. Sorry Frank but somebody has to put the truth out there.

#142063 - 03/13/07 12:47 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Esh:

I consider the Music Pad Pro the most poorly supported product in the MI market today. Sorry Frank but somebody has to put the truth out there.

Esh I know you have had problems with your MPP, but I share Frank's opinion. The device has worked flawlessly first time, last time and everytime. I have done edits to the sheets with no crashes. That's more than I can say for any PC or laptop I've owned. I just use it for what I need it to do simply display leadsheets, not the MP3 player. Maybe an ipod would be better suited to that for your use?

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 03-13-2007).]

#142064 - 03/13/07 06:34 AM Re: My Review of the "Music Pad Pro"
frankieve Offline

Esh,

can you direct me to your list of issues. My new Rep is willing to go into the belly of the beast to get some real amswers for you.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online